Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Instrument of Peace

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1. Instrument of Peace

"Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."1

For today's Daily Encounter I would like to use the Prayer of St. Francis both for the devotional and the prayer:

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light, and

Where there is sadness, joy."

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much Seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."
"Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer.
In Jesus' name. Amen."

1. James 3:18 (NIV).

<:))))><


No comments: