Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sad Brown Eyes On Easter Sunday


Sad Brown Eyes On Easter Sunday

Everyone looked happy as I passed by on the street
But she nearly bumped into me and looked up at me.
I saw her sad brown eyes and she quickly walked away.
She looked hungry and weak.
But I knew where she was going to.
She was going to the church down the street where she found solace. And she was not the only one.
I have seen some of them loitering around the church and along the street.
One begged me for money which I gave.
"Go and see the pastors inside the church. They will help you," I said.
I always referred them to the church.
For that's what our Messiah JESUS Christ commanded us to do.
Christianity without charity is not true Christianity.
I saw her go into our building and then left. She was walking in the direction of the church.
She had kept her bag of clothes and footwear with the security man where I I could see her through one of my windows. But I let her be and said a prayer for her in my heart.
The world is full of troubled souls.

No comments: