Sunday, December 16, 2018

 How Dangerous is The Pilgrim’s Progress?


How Dangerous is The Pilgrim’s Progress?

Dear Friends,

I was blessed to have Pastor Richard Wurmbrand as a spiritual mentor in my life. He spent 14 years in communist prison for his faith, and when he was released, he came to the States and penned the international best-seller Tortured for Christ. I spent a great deal of time with him the last nine years of his life here on Earth. Earlier this year, I was privileged to make a docudrama based on his testimony.

Pastor Wurmbrand always encouraged me to write books and make movies. He told me:

“You can only speak to so many people, you will only live so long, but books and movies do not die, and they can be distributed anywhere and in any language.”

At that time, I did not envision myself as a writer or movie maker.

However, God had different plans, and when I work on THE ANIMATED BIBLE SERIES and The Pilgrim’s Progress, I often think of Pastor Wurmbrand’s encouraging words. I know The Pilgrim’s Progress was one of his favorite books, and he sponsored printings around the underground church of Russia and Eastern Europe at the time of persecution and Communism. I wonder if Christians went to prison or were even martyred because they were printing and reading John Bunyan’s epic tale. I suspect many did.

A few weeks ago, I was informed that a family in China was imprisoned when authorities found a Christian book in their home. The book was The Pilgrim’s Progress. This was an isolated incident; however, the Chinese communists are once again cracking down on Christians in China. I asked about our project to bring our animated version of The Pilgrim’s Progress to China, and he immediately told me "it is needed now more than ever"—and he asked me for an initial 10,000 copies to pilot among Christian families. Children are not allowed inside church in China. So, we are helping families teach their child(ren) at home. They will be delivered on small Micro SD cards and tablets with other Christian media in the Mandarin languages.

The Bible and Christian media that does not “sugarcoat” the Christian message can be dangerous. Of course, eternal damnation is far more dangerous than anything we face on Earth. We are not living in the Promised Land. We are merely pilgrims on our way.

Thank you for helping our ministry bring truth to the nations, including our own nation. Your prayers and financial support make this possible. I am thankful that Pastor Wurmbrand instilled in me, many years ago, the importance of producing Christian media that will shine a light for Christ, even in the most dangerous areas of this world.


Have a blessed Sunday!


Steve Cleary
RevelationMedia
CEO/Founder.

No comments: