Saturday, January 06, 2018
Feed the Hungry and Help the Poor
What does the Holy Bible say?
2. Isaiah 58:10 If you give some of your own food to [feed] those who are hungry and to satisfy [the needs of] those who are humble, then your light will rise in the dark, and your darkness will become as bright as the noonday sun.
3. Isaiah 58:7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
4. Ezekiel 18:7 He is a merciful creditor, not keeping the items given as security by poor debtors. He does not rob the poor but instead gives food to the hungry and provides clothes for the needy.
5. Luke 3:11 He answered them, “Whoever has two shirts should share with the person who doesn’t have any. Whoever has food should share it too.”
6. Matthew 10:42 I tell all of you with certainty, whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple will never lose his reward.
7. Proverbs 19:17 The one who is gracious to the poor lends to the Lord, and the Lord will repay him for his good deed.
8. Proverbs 22:9 A generous person will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.
9. Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
God blesses us so we can help others.
10. 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.
11. Genesis 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.
True faith in Christ will result in good deeds.
12. James 2:15-17 Suppose a brother or sister does not have any clothes or daily food and one of you tells them, “Go in peace! Stay warm and eat heartily.” If you do not provide for their bodily needs, what good does it do? In the same way, faith by itself, if it does not prove itself with actions, is dead.
13. 1 John 3:17-18 Now, suppose a person has enough to live on and notices another believer in need. How can God’s love be in that person if he doesn’t bother to help the other believer? Dear children, we must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.
14. James 2:26 A body that doesn’t breathe is dead. In the same way faith that does nothing is dead.
Shutting your ears to the hungry.
15. Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses the poor insults his maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors him.
16. Proverbs 21:13 Whoever shuts his ear to the cry of the poor will call and not be answered.
17. Proverbs 29:7 A righteous person knows the just cause of the poor. A wicked person does not understand this.