Tuesday, January 07, 2020

POS Churches and the New Pharisees


Churches with POS and the New Pharisees.

Churches in Nigeria now have POS machines to collect offerings and tithes.
Pastors and ushers smile to collect money from congregants.
Yes I believe in giving offerings and paying tithes and donations for church planting and evangelism. And pastors accord you great respect if you are among the cheerful and generous churchgoers.

I have been embarrassed by the fact that majority of church leaders have failed to help even regular members in need. I was baffled when a devout worker in our parish asked me for financial assistance. A married woman with children. She said the leadership of the parish did not help her. And she was not telling lies. Most of them like to receive, but don't like to give.
She was not the only one.
She came to where I was staying to collect the money to feed her children.
I gave another one enough money to start trading.

The church does not like you if you don't come with money. They forget your past offerings and tithes.

When I was on Bonny Island in Rivers State I came late to church one day and sat at the back. The ushers insisted that I should move to the front rows. Why?
They said that the back rows were often for church workers who were caught in sin. I told them that I preferred to sit among the sinners.
Let the "Pharisees" continue fooling themselves and posturing as "Holier Than You" pastors, bishops and ministers to fool the ignorant churchgoers. But they cannot fool the Almighty God who knows their true characters.

Personally, I don't do anything the leadership of church commands if it contradicts the commandments of Almighty God and our Lord JESUS Christ.
Don't be fooled and misled by the New Pharisees of the modern church.
Obey only the commandments of God and not the commandments of the New Pharisees.

No comments: